Merrill Youth Hockey offers one of Central Wisconsin's most inexpensive hockey programs and we pride ourselves on this. We accomplish this through the following ways:
- First year players, 2014 and younger, register with MYHA for free. (USA Hockey fees still apply.) First year players, 2013 and older, register with MYHA for 50% off. (Contact the registrar to get the proper discount code.)
- MYHA offers rental equipment with a $50 non-refundable rental fee (on a first come, first served basis). We purchase new equipment yearly and have almost all the required player equipment.
- MYHA offers the "Hockey Card." Families can sell hockey discount cards to offset their registration costs. For instance, if registration cost $100, you receive 10 hockey cards to sell at $10 each.
- MYHA requires $200 in mandatory fundraising each year. We will offer all families raffle tickets to sell or they can choose to buy-out their raffle obligation.
- Each family is required to help with various volunteer opportunities. These opportunities are explained in more detail later in registration and covered at a mandatory parent meeting prior to the beginning of the season.
These items help to keep costs as low as possible for not only our new but also our returning skaters. We feel these items are a small investment when you think of the enjoyable, family oriented, social activity that makes those long and cold winter months seem to fly by.
To complete registration through our secure site, please have your Debit/Credit card or checking account information available.
Prior to Registration
As a reminder USA Hockey registration needs to be completed prior to registering.
In addition, there are two forms that are required to be uploaded. Having these prefilled prior to starting will speed up the registration process.
Families with multiple children are eligible for a 50% discount for each sibling after the full price registration of their oldest child. When registering a younger sibling, use discount code: “SIBLING2023.”
Any player improperly registered using the code will receive an invoice for the difference in their registration.
6U - Mites (2017 to 2019)
8U - Mites (2015 to 2016)
10U - Squirts (2013 to 2014)
12U - PeeWees (2011 to 2012) - Not fielding a team in 2023
14U - Bantams (2009 to 2010) - Not fielding a team in 2023
The regular season for Merrill Youth Hockey begins in October and finishes the beginning of March. Start and finish dates differentiate based on age level.
Practices and homes games are held at the Smith Multi-Purpose Center. Games are primarily played across the Central WI region.
Practices are held 2-3 days a week anytime between 5:30 pm and 9:00 pm depending on the age group.
How many games will they play? What days of the week?
Mite/8U players will play between 5-15 games.
Squirt/10U & PeeWee/12U players will play between 25-35 games.
Bantam players will play between 35-45 games.
All Families are required to complete their necessary volunteer hours. Please see the DIBS page under Resources for more information.
For questions about registration, please reach out to the President or Registrar and they will respond as soon as possible.
Payment plans are available. Exact structure is available at registration.Register